Thursday, August 30, 2007

Welcome!

Hello! Well I haven't left for Ghana yet, so I don't have a lot to say so far, but I wanted to post something so you know you are in the right place.

I am definitly starting to feel the time crunch- thinking of all I want to do and have to do before next Wednesday is a bit overwhelming. Most of the important things are taken care of: I have a plane ticket, a passport, and a visa. I have paid my deposit and made a list of things to pack (it's very short). The next step is to pack, move, and sell my car. Other than that, I am simply enjoying my time with friends and family and taking lots of hot showers!

I still don't know many details about this experience, including good ways for you to get in touch with me. Once I am in Accra, I will be able to ask those questions, and will let you know what my address will be, if I have a phone, and how often I will have internet access.

Until then, thank you all for your support! And if you know anyone that wants a great 2002 Saturn, send them my way!!

Love,
Becca

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm missing you already & want you to take good care of yourself. Zoli sends his love & I love you very much. MaMA Jack

Advocate said...

Oh, my word, Becca, you are going to drag your godparents into the current century as you transport yourself back to Africa...a Blog? Well, we're game (sorry for the Africa related pun) and we're so very, very proud of you and we look forward to keeping track of you in Africa. We love you! Peggi & Jeff

Mom said...

So pleased with your decisions, even though you will be so very far away.
Love you and are proud of you.
Mom and Dad

MEEM said...

This is my third try to say I am so proud of your chosen venture and challenge. You will do well as you love children so very much. I wish you every success as you move on each day. Wish I could send PBJ but will just send love, MEEM

Anonymous said...

Becca, In Hungary You also have a NAME DAY. Zoli's Name Day is March 8 even though his Birthday is in May.Know you are missing your cheese so we are sending you a CARE package!!!We love you & miss you, MaMa Jack